Musti takes a review of corporate social responsibility practices and sets priorities
Musti has reviewed its corporate responsibility (CR) practices and set priorities to take responsibility to the next level. The review found in comparison to other companies of the same size in specialty retail, that Musti is advanced in corporate responsibility, and that Musti is well on the way to become the sector leader in this area.
However, the journey continues and Musti still needs to work to become more systematic and integrate responsibility into all operations of the group. Musti was found to stand out positively in culture, high quality of products and pet expertise.
Some efforts taken in recent years include
- Becoming a member of United Nations Global Compact
- Joining the amfori BSCI network and initiating more systematic processes for supply chain sustainability in countries considered as higher risk
- Implementing a code of conduct training through e-learning for all employees and franchises
- Strong focus on excellent customer service, monitored through NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing, monitored through participation in Great Place to Work
- Actively supporting employees’ vocational education targeting recognized diplomas or degrees
- Launching a ‘pawternity leave’ scheme offering three days paid leave to employees with new pets
- Reducing the amount of plastic bags by 40% in six months
- Multiple community initiatives, many inspired by our 30 year anniversary, including for example campaign against puppy factories in co-operation with Tori, charity co-operation with the Swedish Animal Ambulance (Svenska Djurambulansen), symbolic campaign to clean dog poo, and organizing food donations to animal welfare associations
Based on the review, Musti has set a CSR statement: “We make the life of pets and their parents easier, safer and more fun. As a forerunner in our market, we want to do it responsibly. For us, this means putting the welfare of pets and people first, having high standards for quality, safety and expertise, as well as always looking into more sustainable ways to develop our business.”
During spring 2020 Musti will publish an updated responsibility approach, which will be centered on three main themes:
- Pets and their parents